PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Tullio Dematteis set for Bay

Tullio Dematteis set for Bay

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tullio Dematteis set for Bay on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://east-torrens-messenger.whereilive.com.au/news/story/tullio-set-for-bay/

Magill's Tullio set for Bay

by Brittany Dupree
East Torrens Messenger
9 Dec 11

MAGILL athlete Tullio Dematteis took up running to improve his football at the age of six.

“Mum was an athlete and she always said to be a good footballer I needed to get fit,” says Dematteis, 17.

“So I first started in the under-7s for Magill Little Athletics.”

More than a decade on, Dematteis now plays football for his school Rostrevor College and Norwood Football Club, and is still running.

“I am a competitive type of person so I started competing in the SA Athletic League four years ago and I have coaches now.”

Dematteis will line up in a new race this month, the Messenger Junior Bay Sheffield, at the prestigious Bay Sheffield Carnival.

The final of the under-18 sprint, sponsored by Messenger Community News, will be run as a curtain-raiser to the main race at Glenelg on December 28.

As the consecutive under-17 winner of the past two Glenelg Gift Carnivals, the final preview race before the Bay Sheffield Carnival, he is keen for a win.

“I have made a podium finish before so to win a Bay Sheffield would be good,” he says. “It is a great feeling to win because you feel a sense of achievement and happiness.

“I put so much hard work on the training track and for it to pay off is a great feeling.”

SA Athletics League president Brendan Golden was pleased with the number of entrants in the under-18s’ 120m sprint event for under-18s.

“It’s a fantastic result for a first-time event and you can see from the list of entrants that the quality of the field is very strong and pretty much all of the state’s best juniors are taking part.

‘We will also put the race at the pointy end of the carnival so it will be run very close to the main race which means the kids will race in front of about 10,000 people.”

The Bay Sheffield Carnival will see a record 838 entrants take part in the two-day event. It will be held at Colley Reserve, Glenelg, on December 27 and 28.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum