PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sally having a "chuck" month before heading to Adelaide

Sally having a "chuck" month before heading to Adelaide

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/sally-ready-to-chuck-it-in/story-e6freye0-1226215588445

Super Sally: Sally Pearson of Australia competing at the IAAF
Athletics meet in Zagreb. Source: The Daily Telegraph

Sally ready to chuck it in

Christian Nicolussi
The Daily Telegraph
December 07, 2011

LONDON gold-medal favourite Sally Pearson reckons she's about to embark on the toughest month of training ahead of the countdown to the Olympics.

So bad will December be on the training track that hurdle ace Pearson described it as "vomit material".

Pearson, the current world champion in the 100m hurdles - and the 2011 world female athlete of the year - even began to feel queasy as she rattled off a typical training week to this column during an adidas photo shoot.

"I've been running longer distances, doing longer reps, it's vomit material. I haven't vomited yet, but you can still feel it in your head and stomach. It hurts, but that's what training is all about," Pearson said.

"Saturday is the day I get absolutely pounded with an endurance run. Last week I did four 400ms. I run a 400m, walk about 100m over to a grass hill and run up that hill three times. I then walk back and do it all over again."

The Olympic Silver in Beijing and Commonwealth Gold in Delhi will head to Adelaide at the end of January for the first competition.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum