PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Stable Changes in SA Athletics

Stable Changes in SA Athletics

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:41 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
With only 4 weeks to the first SAAL meet, might be time to update on stable changes.

At YGTS we've reduced the squad markedly to a more manageable level. 15 athletes have gone for various reasons including retirements, work & logistic issues, grass is greener elsewhere, etc. The only additions at this stage are Ryan Hage and Tayce Fry.

Western District AC will have Debbie Meich as a newly registered SAAL coach based at Ellis Park. Debbie's squad is made up of juniors which will compliment the existing Westerns athletes running on the SAAL scene.

I believe Clay Watkins, Dylan Hicks and Ira Thomson have gone to St Peters to train with Brendan Tammo.

John Hodge has joined forces with Gary Thompson at Reynella with John coaching Alex Saliu. Hodge's squads' club points will go to Reynella making them a very formidable 'club' this season. I know John is very excited about Alex's prospects this summer.

Yasmin Openshaw has left John Hodge and joined the Luke Hildyard squad based in Glenelg. Luke has several new athletes including Billy Todd who has been off the scene for several years. Luke's had as many as 20 at training at times so he should be in for a busy season.

The TMS squad guided by Tim Johnson and Aaron Harrison has picked up the Sacred Heart squad following Brendan Golden's retirement from coaching. Ben Koschade, Ben Wright and Kirsty Meekins now training with TMS. I think Michael Nitschke is also with this TMS. I'm not sure on that as Michael was following the Mark Hipworth program post Stawell. Paul Taylor has also joined TMS after last season being with Tony Tohl at Flinders.

Hectorville is probably the most interesting addition to the SAAL scene, with Tony McAvaney and John Turner joining forces for a much needed Eastern suburbs presence. I believe they have already got around 10 athletes for this season.

2 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Too good

On the saal rego form Tammo is listed as being part of the TMS stable.If this is the case TMS should be able to enter some pretty formidable relay teams.Especially when you consider their compulsory female/over 35 will probably be Tim

3 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Mouse

Got a book today. There are no relays in the SAAL this year.

4 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Too good

If Tammo is with TMS that makes one hell of a stable.Can someone list the athletes in that stable.
I believe its something like this but I know I have missed quite a few.
Watkins
Roussow
Bateman
Johnson
Koschade
Hancock
Simpson
Thomas
Who else is in that TMS stable
Runners above, especially the first six could very well make up a Gift final and wouldnt be out of place.

5 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:33 am

sa gest

Mate, their totaly different stables. They have nothing to do with each other. Tammos group do no sessions with tims group or aarons squads. Tammo trains at st peters. Tim and aaron train at different places and different times. Toddy didnt run with tms in relays last year and theres no relays this year, so who cares.

6 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:52 am

too good

You miss the point.
On the TMS website they all belong to the TMS stable so all their points will tally together for club awards at the end of the year.
Im fully aware of who trains where but thats not the point being made.
If you would like to check it out go through the registration process on the saal website and see what stable comes up after Tammos name this year.
If relays were being run which apparently they are not ,all the TMS athlete would be able to run together no matter who trains them and where.

7 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:55 am

Too good

Sorry that should read ON THE Saal website

8 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:43 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Thanks 'Too Good', your point is well made but I think you have a different understanding of what constitutes a stable (squad) and a club to the other guest.

My view is a club can be made up of a number of stables. I think that would be the view of the SAAL as the end of year award is for the "Club of the Year".

The Flinders club has won the club of the year in the past thanks to the Toby Schreier squad (or stable), the Tony Tohl stable and the Shane Thiele squad.

The Reynella club will be represented in 2010/2011 by the Gary Thompson and John Hodge stables.

Likewise, Western District will be represtented by YGTS and Debbie Meich's squad.

TMS as a club incorporates the Tim Johnson stable, Aaron Harrison stable and Brendan Tammo stable. Fair enough and it's healthy for the sport to have another strong 'club' in the SAAL.

In my experience it's a lot harder to get organised as a club when there's more than one stable or coach involved because of the diversity of focus & goals unique to each squad. So while TMS looks terrific on paper, actually getting some cohesion towards a common goal would be difficult to achieve. For example Tammo's squad was available to TMS last season for the SAAL relays but none of them participated in a relay because it didn't suit their individual needs or goals.

9 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 pm

No Pros

Watkins
Roussow
Bateman
Johnson
Koschade
Hancock
Simpson
Thomas
Who else is in that TMS stable
Runners above, especially the first six could very well make up a Gift final and wouldnt be out of place.

Hey Too Good, Some of those guys named aren't running pros this season. So won't see a final field with Watkins, Bateman, Rossouw in it.

10 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:01 pm

WTF

Is Watkins not running pro's this year?

11 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:27 pm

toogood

I find it very difficult to understand that they wont be running pros .
You mean to say any competition they do will be out at Enfield or interstate.
Bateman especially could very well suprise a few down at the Bay if fit.

12 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Maybe

Roussow
Bateman
Johnson
Koschade

Could be there lack of performance over the last few years might mean they have to prove themselves all over again?

13 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:53 pm

WTF

Bateman was 2nd two years ago off 4.50 and 2nd to James in the semi in 09. He ran 10.5 last summer. We know what he can do. He wont be surprising anyone. Thats if he runs.
Tip is Toddy and Watkins will train to make the world champs team and bypass pros.

14 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:21 pm

too good

WTF has those initials for good reason.
Why would Tammo register as a pro trainer if none of his boys are going to run pros, Unless he enjoys donating to the Saal

15 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Too Easy

Tammo has other runners who might run pro, so he registerd with saal. Watkins def not running pro.

16 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:22 pm

WTF

Runners to change teams and go OK were -
Koschade 2nd in Gift and Connolly won women's 550.
No other tranferees did anything of note.

17 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:46 pm

???

Koschade didn't change stables - Tim Johnson came on board as coach......The exact same stable (That Group) - are now part of The Might Swines (TMS). But none the less, ran very well!!!

18 Re: Stable Changes in SA Athletics on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:11 pm

WTF

Ok ok be pedantic, still a change from last year, he's under a new coach at TMS. No longer Golden's boy.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum