PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Results
Today at 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Best bodies??

Best bodies??

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Best bodies?? on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Gossip Girl

Boriinnggg... time to talk about something juicy once again Wink

Which runners among us are carrying around the most athletic, most ripped, most fittest, sexiest, bestest bodies in professional running?

Who has caught our eye out of all the categories.. Open? Women? O35's? (Stokesy in my opinion) U20's?

Your pick could just be who's gone from flab to fab..

I know during reading this someone popped into your head... Cool

2 equality on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:01 pm

safrican

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
i wonder if the guys started talking about girls and their rigs would this be kept on the forum and is it ok because a girl posts it?
Not sure how related this is to professional running?

3 well oh well - I vote for Amy Robb on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
hey Gossip Girl, thanks I love you whoever you are ... and I vote for Amy Robb.

hey safrican, I think this has everything to do with why I do pro running. I have Jim Morrison aspirations, but I want to live a long and happy life before I leave a beautiful corpse behind ...

The amazing agility and speed of Cathy Freeman or the Steinert twins or Ali Saliu, the lean look of Usain Bolt or Sean Wroe or Michael Nitschke or Melissa Lloyd, the big muscle look of Osafa Powell or Patrick Johnson or Sally Pearson or David Palmer... so many variations of good looking people, good looking runners of all ages, people who keep healthy and do the work.

Team Townley includes a bunch of women who are aged between 50 and 75, all superbly fit and full of life.

It is a blessing to be enjoyed and shared.

Last edited by Stokesy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

4 Re: Best bodies?? on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Hey Heyy

Hey Heyy safrican it doesnt have much to do with running itself, but everything to do with the runners who do professional running. I think its an original topic and who wouldnt like to see their name pop us as a looker as a reward for all the hard training they put in.

Good call Stokesy, The steinerts have sculpted themselves into athletic idles. Anyone know how much they train? I would kill for abs like that!
Any one named Ali has a top end figure for their categories. Girl Ali looks fit! and veteran Ali is like 50 I heard? and looks as fit as an open runner.
Cibich Is a tank. Huge arms. Longscafidi on the other hand is looking shreded in his blue skin this year. Wonder what happened to him!

5 Re: Best bodies?? on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Hottest

Young SA runner Lauren Edwards - small, powerful, looks great, and very promising future over the short sprints.

But best across the board is Laura Whaler. You know it's true.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

7 Re: Best bodies?? on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:09 pm

IluvLW

We have a winner!
The link would be appreciated Rusty haha!

8 Re: Best bodies?? on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:38 pm

This?

I think Rusty means this:
http : // www .youtube. com / watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ilJqpjGAulo

9 Re: Best bodies?? on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:00 am

Betty

Jana Tankosic is my vote.

10 Slow Motion Clips On YouTube on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:08 am

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Hey Rusty, This?,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilJqpjGAulo&NR=1
- Laura Whaler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGq9jn1lS38
- Sheena Steinert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4femqFdXDbA
- Alicia Wrench-Doody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLaVG3oeyNA
- the most amazing start technique, perched on the top of the blocks - Dale Woodhams

11 Re: Best bodies?? on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:41 am

Seeds

eeyyyyy lads I think we ought to just settle down a bit now. We dont wanna offend anyone.
To even up the genders a bit...
Who out of the blokes look the most conditioned hard working athletes?

12 Re: Best bodies?? on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Mustafa

I train hard to run fast, not look good. Although this explains alot about running in SA

13 Re: Best bodies?? on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:48 pm

1/2cat

w w w .youtube.com/watch?v=FLaVG3oeyNA
- the most amazing start technique, perched on the top of the blocks - Dale Woodhams

w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=yp7Jq6I1puo&NR=1
same here with white.

whats the go with the foot so high in the block?

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

15 the Woodhams Start on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
"As for Dale sitting so high on his blocks, its not the way i would go about things, for mine this looks like he would lack power and drive but he doesnt seem to struggle with either of those so it musnt be much of an issue. If i knew what i was talking about i might not be the slowest starter in the land either."

I reckon:

a- feet perched atop block at set position

b- slight delay as feet move into contact with front of blocks

c- slightly behind start line since feet are contacting top part of the front of blocks
(but the hands still reach to the ground in front so the body position is a bit different - strong abs needed?)

d- increased height of take off gives a longer first stride

so I speculate that Dale reckons (d) more than makes up for (b) and (c) ...

To try this, maybe takes lots of practice and maybe some risk ?? could be funny if it went wrong?

============== as Dale says in the post below, my speculations have little relevance ... I have all sorts of theories, but people like Dale are doing it for real and it is wonderful to hear the truth about these things === thanks Dale

Last edited by Stokesy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Dale's explanation)

16 Re: Best bodies?? on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:55 am

Dale

Hey Guys, I was hoping this video wouldn't come up again. Smile I had a pretty bad season injury wise last year and as a result the block start modify dramatically in order for me to start without pain. I didn't mean for it to change, it just happened without me knowing. I didn't realise how bad it changed though so the video was a good wake up call for this season. I never use to start like this, and Rusty your right, if i did, I wouldnt be getting the power I need at the start and I probably wouldn't run as well as I could. I just thought I'd let you know that it has changed now for the better, I hope Wink

17 Re: Best bodies?? on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:52 am

Start Up

Good explanation Dale. The start at the Bay was not how Dale normally starts.

w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=yOZFDUfRI-Y
2010 Stawell Gift final, Woodhams goes straight past Brittain who is a very good starter. Woodhams won the Stawell 70 so he can start OK. Not many running pro who start as good as Woodhams.

18 Re: Best bodies?? on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Back to the topic, hopefully I dont incriminate myself but based on what I saw at Henley my vote would have to go to K. Robb

19 Re: Best bodies?? on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Dodgy

As usual Stokesy is right on the money - A Robb all the way. Yeee haaa

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum