PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Gift
Today at 7:24 pm by Mex

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Today at 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Today at 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

» Northcote Gift
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm by untouchables

» Northcote Womens 100m
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm by Thatsthestats

» Bay Sheffield Novice and Restricted race eligibility
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm by Admin

» Mort Daly Running Foundation 120m Women Poll
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:51 am by youngy

» Pre Bay 120m Mort Daly Gift POLL
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:48 am by youngy

» Pre Bay Gift meet HANDICAPS - Sunday 10th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 pm by youngy

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » 'Muscular Man' gets a calf massage

'Muscular Man' gets a calf massage

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 'Muscular Man' gets a calf massage on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Thanks to Shane McKenzie's youtube site I stumbled upon this video. I hadn't seen it before so for those who hadn't seen it, I thought it was worth posting. A staggering 489,000 plus views of Piranee Steinert giving a calf massage to an athlete. Over 150 comments dating back 4 years ago.

Must have done wonders for Piranee's massage business!

Some of the comments are bizarre and quite comical.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

2 Pirrenee and Sheena Steinert on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:14 am

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
The highlights of my first seasons with the SAAL were mostly to do with Pirrenee.

At Playford I watched in awe as Pirrenee flew down the back straight making all the other runners look like slow motion.

Off track, Pirrenee's relaxed friendly smile made my day.

She seemed destined to be an Olympic success story like Nova Peris-Kneebone who also ran at Playford that day.

At Camden, I witnessed the minutes of breathlessness after the amazing home straight battle between Kathryn Robb and Pirrenee.

Then I found out that Pirrenee had a twin sister Sheena and they had a massage business operating at Santos Stadium.

I paid for a few sessions, with Pirrenee digging into my calves.

When my son was visiting Adelaide, we had a father and son bonding time with a double massage session with the Steinert twins.

Sheena worked on my son's shoulder while Pirrenee was doing my calves.

Both Sheena and Pirrenee have appeared at Bay Sheffield in recent years, returning briefly to South Australia from their bases in the eastern states.

They are twins and they have done a lot of things together - like the matching space boots when they both had foot injuries.

Sheena and Pirrenee have both dedicated a lot of time to running, with some success and a lot of unfulfilled potential.

Pirrenee has run for the national relay team.

I had hoped for both Sheena and Pirrenee to be running for Australia at London 2012, but recent signs have not been encouraging.

Check out the YouTube slow motion video of Sheena's start from the blocks at the 2010 Bay Sheffield - it is amazing.

[url= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGq9jn1lS38] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGq9jn1lS38[/url]

3 Re: 'Muscular Man' gets a calf massage on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Gifted

This is Sheena!!! Although both the girls do probably the best massages available - they can find and work out any pain and I think after they give you a massage it would be impossible not to run a PB!

Speaking of the girls and 2012 though - both of them are in great early shape and I believe Pirrenee has run an A qualifier already so yeh hopefully they will be off to London (hence encouraging running) (and they are still SA girls through and through!)

So not sure about this unfulfilled potential they are running great and have moved states to train better (dedication), as well us set up great lives with their families and friends. Two thumbs up Pirrenee and Sheena!

4 thanks on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
thanks for the update, Gifted

5 Re: 'Muscular Man' gets a calf massage on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Sacred

Haha yes its Sheena, P's Twin sister, also a talented 400m runner and Pro runner. Very good massage therapist.

6 Sheena news flash on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
http://www.speeddevelopment.com.au/page9906/News.aspx?newsid=3487[url][/url]

Wedding

05/10/2011

Alison, Tony and the entire crew at FTS sends all our love and best wishes to Development Squad member Sheena Steinert for her wedding to Damien Byrne. They married in their hometown of Adelaide and a fantastic day was had by all. Sheena (twin sister of Pirrenee) lives in Melbourne and trains via correspondence with FTS, making as many trips to Newcastle as possible to train with the squad. Sheena and Damien will have a short honeymoon and then she will be back into full training. Congratulations!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum