PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Usain Bolt arrives in Sydney

Usain Bolt arrives in Sydney

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Usain Bolt arrives in Sydney on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:59 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Usain Bolt touches down in Sydney for whirlwind visit
By Geoff Chambers
The Daily Telegraph
September 14, 2010

Touch down ... Runner Usain Bolt arrives in Sydney
for celebrations this week to mark 10 years since
the Sydney Olympics started.
Picture: John Grainger Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE fastest man on the planet has touched down in Australia and is ready to party.

Jamaican sprinting sensation Usain Bolt arrived at Sydney International Airport early this morning to kick-start a whirlwind promotional tour.

The 24-year-old, flanked by his very own Jamaican posse, was whisked away in a black Audi 4WD after stopping to sign autographs for fans.

The 100m and 200m world record holder said he was excited about seeing the sights of Sydney and is reportedly keen to check out the night-life.

Bolt will host a coaching clinic with NRL, rugby and soccer stars tomorrow afternoon at Sydney Olympic Park.

Looking fresh after a 14-hour flight from Los Angeles, the Olympic and World Champion is expected to be shown videos of some of the footy stars taking part in the Gatorade Bolt Quest for the Fastest Man in Football.

Jarryd Hayne, Greg Inglis, Josh Morris, Lachlan Turner, Matt Lewis and Courtney Dempsey are some of the big names taking part in tomorrow’s training session, where Bolt will provide them with tips on running technique, nutrition and hydration.

"I'm very excited to be in Australia. It was a long trip so I'm pretty tired," he said.

"I'll find out what I'll be doing when I get my schedule in an hour.”

Bolt and his mates were rushed away by security guards but the sprinter managed to stop and sign autographs for a couple of diehard fans.

Sean Piper, who was wearing a Jamaican team jersey, said he had been a long-time fan of Bolt.

"I've been following him for a while now. It's great to finally meet him," said Mr Piper.

As Bolt was driven away to his hotel, he wound down the window to wave to the media and fans.

Bolt is in Australia for the launch of Gatorade Bolt Lemon Ice.

He will also be running in the Competitive Edge Athletics All Stars event in Sydney, which features the fastest man in football race.

Bolt said he would probably only run in the “relay event” because of a recent back injury.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum