PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Jordan Caldow hungry for glory again

Jordan Caldow hungry for glory again

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jordan Caldow hungry for glory again on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
From the Guardian Messenger, (local paper in Glenelg) Wednesday 12th October 2011.

Reference:
McKay, K. 2011 "Marks for Bay: Top Gun hungry for glory again". Guardian Messenger. p5.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

2 Re: Jordan Caldow hungry for glory again on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://guardian-messenger.whereilive.com.au/news/story/caldow-hungry-for-bay-sheffield-glory-again/

Caldow hungry for Bay Sheffield glory again

by Kane McKay
Guardian Messenger
12 Oct 11

JORDAN Caldow was considered something of a wildcard when he entered the 2010 Bay Sheffield, having only been sprinting for three years.

Twelve months on and - after storming to victory in 12.15 seconds - the 18-year-old is now the man to beat.

The Brighton Secondary College student said being in the crosshairs of other competitors didn’t worry him.

“I don’t feel either more confident or more nervous this year,” Caldow said.

“Things have been a little bit different this year because I’m in Year 12.

“There’s been a few times when I haven’t been able to train because I’ve had to hand in assignments and things like that.”

The Western Districts Athletics Club member, last year became the second-youngest winner in Bay Sheffield history, pocketing $12,000 in prizemoney along the way.

Also a beach sprinter with Grange Surf Life Saving Club, Caldow said winning the prestigious 120m gift had put him in the spotlight.

“I think it opened me up to the athletics community,” he said.

“I love my surf lifesaving, but the highest level you can achieve is the national titles.

“My goal is to start running times that would allow me to start thinking about things like the Commonwealth Games and the Olympics.”

Training three times a week around school and a part-time job, Caldow said he had also shelved his love of junk food in favour of a healthier diet.

“I have to stick to what (food) is at home now, so I haven’t been eating that much junk food.

“I need my money to put petrol in my car.”

The 2011 Bay Sheffield, sponsored by Messenger Community News, is being held at Colley Tce, Glenelg, from December 27-28.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum