PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » VAL's SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING - Sunday 16th October 2011

VAL's SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING - Sunday 16th October 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.val.org.au/NOTICE%20OF%20SPECIAL%20GENERALfinal.pdf

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL
MEETING 2011

Notice is hereby given of the Victorian Athletic League Special General Meeting.

• DATE: Sunday 16th October 2011

• TIME: 10.30am for a 11am Start

• VENUE: Quality Hotel, 265 Mickleham Rd, Tullamarine

Clubs and or life members are requested that if they wish to ask any questions of current employees, directors and/or former directors of the board the questions must be filled in writing with the office, outlining who the question is addressed to and the name of delegate asking the question.

Please note questions can only be taken from club delegates and life members.

Please forward all questions, apologies, proxies and attendees through to the office before Friday 7th October 2011.

Please note in relation to proxies that Each Member (individually or by its Delegate) shall be entitled to appoint another Member as his or its proxy by notice given to the Chief Executive Officer no later than 7 days before the date of the meeting in respect of which the proxy is
appointed.

Any person wishing to be in attendance at the meeting must contact the office no later than Friday 7th October 2011, if you have not registered with the office by this date you cannot attend, unless you are a club delegate.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.val.org.au/EXPRESSION%20OF%20INTEREST%20final.pdf

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST - VICTORIAN ATHLETIC LEAGUE
BOARD VACANCY

The Victorian Athletic League is seeking expression of interest from anyone interested in joining the Victorian Athletic League Board for the 2011-12 season either now or as part of the SGM meeting process.

You are reminded that people wishing to join the board, need to either be part of a club committee or acted as an official for the club in the previous year.

If an election is held at the SGM, we request you register your interest with the office by Friday October 7th 2011.

Please note any person appointed through this process holds office until the next Annual General Meeting.

Anyone who is interested should forward their expression of interest through to the VAL office to markhoward@val.org.au
Victorian Athletic League Inc.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

ANZAC

You are reminded that people wishing to join the board, need to either be part of a club committee or acted as an official for the club in the previous year.

Yorke, McManus or Foley aren't members of a club. What are they going to do?

Please note questions can only be taken from club delegates and life members.

As a member of the VRTA I suggest that I can do this.

Any person wishing to be in attendance at the meeting must contact the office no later than Friday 7th October 2011, if you have not registered with the office by this date you cannot attend, unless you are a club delegate.

Will we see an agenda?

Club

Can't recall which club these people are from, but they had to have been members of one to stand for the AGM earlier this year. I'm pretty sure Yorke represented Woodside.

Club

Also, given that the VAL has waited as long as possible to both nominate the date for the SGM as well as announce it, this will likely hurt many of the early gifts, particularly VRTA which is only one week after the SGM, as the numbers are incredibly low due to many people waiting on the results of the SGM.

XXX

Why would the average runner care who is on the board and let it effect whether they run at a meeting or not? I find this hard to believe.

Obvious

Why would the average runner care who is on the board and let it effect whether they run at a meeting or not? I find this hard to believe.

The decisions taken by the board directly influence the direction of the sport as well as the day-to-day running of each carnival.

Does the average runner care about entry fees?

Does the average runner care about scheduling?

Does the average runner care how events are conducted?

Does the average runner care if people convicted of anabolic steroid use are allowed to compete, train athletes or organise events?

Does the average runner care if people convicted of a crime are allowed to act as agents for bookmakers?

Does the average runner care about their handicaps or the handicapping process?

Does the average runner care about the quality of stewarding?

Does the average runner care about the behaviour of their fellow competitors on the track and at competition venues?

If you think the answer to even one of these questions is 'yes', then the make-up of the board and the conduct of the office bearers should matter given that they:
appoint and oversee the conduct of handicappers, stewards and officials,
review complaints about behaviour of athletes and trainers,
determine who can act as a registered trainer to competitors,
implement ASADA recomendations with respect to drug testing and failure,
help to mediate disagreement between clubs over clashes in scheduling of carnivals,

To put it more plainly, ignoring everything but the most important issues, if you want the handicapping and stewarding process to be fair, unbiased and transparent, then the make-up and conduct of the board is paramount. If you don't care about either of these things, then why are you running in the VAL?

Register

And last I heard, the VAL had fewer than 30 competitors registered, which says to me that a sizeable portion of the VAL community is waiting to see what happens at the SGM and to hear both about the conduct of those who stood for the board as well as the plans for the season by the major clubs who called for the SGM.

Another propoganda campaign emerging. If you asked the average runner to name 5 board members you'd be struggling to get half of them to pass. For this season the meetings are set, the entry fees are set and the handicap system is in place. The sport has had enough of the scaremongering by the sour grapes crew.

Really?

Another propoganda campaign emerging. If you asked the average runner to name 5 board members you'd be struggling to get half of them to pass. For this season the meetings are set, the entry fees are set and the handicap system is in place. The sport has had enough of the scaremongering by the sour grapes crew.

Really? Try looking at the VAL website. The only events actually listed at the moment are the Tabcorp series and VRTA. If any of the clubs that called for the SGM are unhappy with the answers they receive at the SGM, they can run their events on their own or in conjunction with other dissatisfied parties. For this season, the meetings are anything but set; their order may have been established, but that they're going ahead as part of the VAL is not set in stone.

rrr

You people dreaming up this rubbish do the sport more harm than good , all for your own personal self interest. Do us all a favour and find another sport to bring down. As if these other clubs are going to run the season without the VAL. You are are a joke. We have Tabcorp back on board for the Trots, Broo sponsoring the womens 400m series, Spotsbiz novice races again etc. If the sour grapes crew hadn't jumped ship then we wouldn't have to put up with this continous rubbish you keep spurting out.

Play it

You people dreaming up this rubbish do the sport more harm than good , all for your own personal self interest. Do us all a favour and find another sport to bring down. As if these other clubs are going to run the season without the VAL. You are are a joke. We have Tabcorp back on board for the Trots, Broo sponsoring the womens 400m series, Spotsbiz novice races again etc. If the sour grapes crew hadn't jumped ship then we wouldn't have to put up with this continous rubbish you keep spurting out.

Same old tune.

My interest in this is as member of the VAL.

Given the underhanded dealings by the cabal prior to the 2011 AGM and subsequent conduct, as well as their previous priorities and behaviour over their many years in the sport, it's not surprising that you would accuse anyone wanting integrity and transparency in handicapping, stewarding and board member conduct as "bringing the sport down."

Cronyism and self-serving behaviour by the governors of our sport is unacceptable. But for some of you still hanging on to the good old days when inside knowledge, profit at the bookies and winning major gifts by any means was all that mattered, any threat to that hierarchy is aggressively defended.

And you know what? I'm just one voice amongst a large group in agreement on this.

If they didn't, why are registrations so low despite the first event being only a fortnight away?

If they didn't, why is there going to be an SGM? It takes a sizeable chunk of clubs to sign on to force and SGM, and these weren't minnows of the league - Stawell, Ballarat, Maryborough, Keilor, just off the top of my head.

Many members might not be able to name any, many or most of the board - a year ago, I know I couldn't, but the behaviour of the board combined with my interest in the sport has forced me to find out as much as I can. But if you asked members what their single biggest priority with respect to the sport was, I'm guessing the overwhelming leader would be a variation of "fair and transparent handicapping", probably followed by "balanced stewarding". The conduct of board members directly influences the ability of both of these key components of our sport to be fair and open, just as confidence in a sport's governance is integral to growth, marketing and development of that sport to a broader audience.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum