PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by GLPR

» Brighton Open Gift
Yesterday at 2:38 pm by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Yesterday at 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Yesterday at 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

» Northcote Gift
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm by untouchables

» Northcote Womens 100m
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm by Thatsthestats

» Bay Sheffield Novice and Restricted race eligibility
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm by Admin

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Albany Athletic Forum dead

Albany Athletic Forum dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Albany Athletic Forum dead on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:31 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
I just got the tip that the Albany forum had been taken off the internet.

As I've been banned from Albany, when I did log on, I normally get the blue screen and a message telling me I needed to contact the administrator. However today I got a white screen an a one line message -

Your forum has been banned as it contains content which is considered unacceptable according to our policies.

According to my source there's been a fair bit of foul language used on the site in the last few weeks, which must have forced the hand of the company that controls the forums.

I'm not disappointed to see it go for obvious reasons.

Just for the record, there have been no posts deleted on Protrack and I haven't had a reason to look up an IP address since the season ended - nearly 6 months. It has been very pleasing to see that contributors, whilst offering some banter (some of it cheeky - eg: I don't think Koschade is too old Laughing ) have been posting - free of any offence, vindictiveness or insulting language. Very respectful - and it's been much appreciated.

Continue to post on Protrack -guests can reply to posts, we appreciate your input.

2 Re: Albany Athletic Forum dead on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:48 pm

forest

It wasn't the everyday chatting where the language came up. Someone went viral with a spam attack full of c words, etc. I guess Jim didn't go on regularly enough to see and remove this.

3 Re: Albany Athletic Forum dead on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Bumble Bee Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Good Riddens! It got so boring to read. 5 years ago, I use to love going on there and reading stuff. It was insightful and good debates were had. People were talking about young runners coming through. It then transformed into a place where people just complained and complained and complained!

4 Re: Albany Athletic Forum dead on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Times Up

Albany was a disgrace last few weeks. just got worse and worse.C and F words spammed all through it. Badly needed monitoring but didnt happen. mater of time before it went down.

5 Re: Albany Athletic Forum dead on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:45 pm

abers

Browny was the main offender
He once told me a few things he would say to target people. Expect him to spam the same bulldust here now.

6 Re: Albany Athletic Forum dead on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:53 pm

not CB

Browny was the main offender
He once told me a few things he would say to target people. Expect him to spam the same bulldust here now.

That's a long shot. It is understood that Peter O'Dwyer was running the site in the end. Rolling Eyes

7 Re: Albany Athletic Forum dead on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Horse

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Fantastic news! That forum was filth. Terrible for the sport.
Only good thing about it was it probably kept all the morons from infecting this forum. Hopefully thay stay away Razz

8 Re: Albany Athletic Forum dead on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:34 pm

gu est

with the sgm about to be upon us, can i request that someone post all the letters from the board members who have stood down since the AGM please.

we need to submit our questions in writing and i think the letters will allow us to find out the truth as there a 3 sides to each story

thanks in advance

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum