PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Stable Moves

Stable Moves

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Stable Moves on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:02 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Hey Riddler, YGTS lacklustre????, didnt they win the Burnie Gift and the Womens Camden Classic. If only all stables could pick up multiple classics and have lack lustre seasons. Embarassed
Apart from McKinon, I can't thnk of a nother stable that won two big races like that.

32 Re: Stable Moves on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:26 pm

S.hill

asking wrote:Wot about other stables. Hildyard, leRay, Grange beachies, any new runners at these squads? Reynella, what has happened to guys like Stangewicz?

Reynella athletes - Mcmahons have gone to flinders? Stangewitz will train with Saliu.
Not sure about the young kids.
Wasn't a big squad left

33 Re: Stable Moves on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Horse

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Bad luck about the brownlow mate!

34 Re: Stable Moves on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:20 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
The Morphy Mongrel wrote:Hey Riddler, YGTS lacklustre????, didnt they win the Burnie Gift and the Womens Camden Classic. If only all stables could pick up multiple classics and have lack lustre seasons. Embarassed
Apart from McKinon, I can't thnk of a nother stable that won two big races like that.

By YGTS standards, it was lack lustre. For the decade prior to 2010/2011, YGTS had averaged 20 sashes per year (and regularly won over $20,000 in a season), had multiple major finalists in the five major races (4 major Gifts & Camden Classic), won several major races per season, was a regular player in VAL races and regularly picked up SAAL awards.

In 2010/2011, YGTS only had one finalist in a SA major race (Robbie James in the Bay Sheffield), for the first time failed to have a Camden finalist since 2001 and had no impact in the VAL. So by comparison to it's OWN standards it was a lack lustre season.

By Industry standards and compared to the average SA squad, 11 sashes including two majors and over $17,000 in prizemoney would be a massive season for a stable. We are the victims of own success. As a consequence of the sustained success achieved in the preceeding decade, it's futile to compare YGTS with the average SA stable because YGTS blows the 'average' out of the water, every time.

YGTS is scrutinised and held to a much higher standard because of its history. Hence the suggestion our season was lack lustre by the Riddler is understandable. God help us if we applied the same KPI's to other coaches & squads - all hell would break loose. Most other coaches are not held to the same accuntability or standard because it is totally unrealistic to expect them to achieve what YGTS so regularly achieved.

If you have never climbed a mountain before, no-one expects you to scale Mt Everest. Nor would most people attempt it until they've tried and succeeded at dozens of other less arduous mountains.

You can only compare YGTS with YGTS. Or one of the other nationally successful squads like JH, Beckenham, Fiedler, Fairweather of Hipworth.

Lack lustre? Depends on what squad you are with.

35 Re: Stable Moves on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Over the middle distance events I am excited to see the improvement of a heap of athletes.

Team Tempo
Adam Didyk has his team firing this winter, with some great break throughs seen in the state and national cross country events and some great results in the city to bay. They had 6 of the top 21 in the city to bay (including Jess Trengove), and some massive break throughs. For those who run some pro events, I think this year will be another great year from Ferber, but also look for matt axford in 800m events and his brother andy over the 1500m events. I think they will have probably 6-7 runners in the select mile again this year at the bay, and great to see Toby Medlin back in great shape.

Flinders
Robbie killmier has improved once again. This guy can run. Best distance runner in SAAL last year, and probably going to stand out this year, with a low 15minute fitzys 5 and and 38:30 in the city to bay. The cocks lads will feature whenever they compete, with Riley once again a massive improver, and at 15 years of age ran 10th in the city to bay (3rd south aussie). I think Hyde will be around the mark, and will be interesting to see how Chris Ross goes, as he has commited himself to increased hours of work and study, but is an absolute enigma, will probably win some miles!

Looking forward to some big Ferber v Killmier backmarker races again this season.

I also think the Mckinnon Pde boys will do well this season, a great group of hard working lads pushing each other at training. Will feature in multiple finals 400 - 1600m this season. I think the YGTS athlete to feature best over the 400 + distance, will be the talented Ryan Hage! A great bloke and great talent, and believe he will feature in multiple of the bigger long sprint events along with the shorter distance events.

Should be some good racing this year.

36 Re: Stable Moves on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm

yummy

How are you going yourself Nitta? What distance can we expect you in this season. Word is that you are preparing for an assualt on the Bay Sheffield!

37 Re: Stable Moves on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Heard Nitta is concentrating on distance races this year. 800s and 1600s. Given up on sprints.

38 Re: Stable Moves on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:50 am

The Morphy Mongrel wrote:Heard Nitta is concentrating on distance races this year. 800s and 1600s. Given up on sprints.

Given up on sprints? Do I know you? No, I've purely decided to run some longer events because the training schedule fits in easier around my work commitments. However who cares what I am running, it's about as exciting as knowing who's now running for YGTS now....it's about as exciting as watching Dr Phil!

39 Re: Stable Moves on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:23 pm

runaway

If he's running longer events, sounds alot like he's given up sprints. Morphy on the money.

40 Re: Stable Moves on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:25 pm

aussie

Nope id rather watch doctor phil, and now know whose running for YGTS

41 Re: Stable Moves on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:04 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Looks like we've done all the stable moves for now.

Glad we've ben able to satisfy your curiosity 'aussie'. And enjoy Dr Phil, aussie.

I much prefer Ellen, much more wittier and love the 'Know or Go' segment.

Thanks mcApples (below), for picking it up. Laughing

Last edited by youngy on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

42 Re: Stable Moves on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:26 pm

mcApples

Youngy, you've lost a bit of colour!!

43 Re: Stable Moves on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:47 pm

whispers

Now that Nittas running longer races we will get a better look at those bright red shorts and different coloured headbands he chooses to wear.
Not having a go at you Nitta , actually I find it quite colourful

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

45 Re: Stable Moves on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:27 pm

runon SA

Seems like SA stable movements have been as boring as the crows at trade week!! Who's up and going? AWD I've been told is flying might give the boys something to catch in a few open races. While the Axford twins look set to take both 2 miles .

46 Re: Stable Moves on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:28 am

whispers

Just wondering where Casey Whittaker and Nathan Bately are these days.
These boys looked to be up coming YOUNG GUNS a couple of years ago.
Havent seen them down at Santos this season, both appeared to have some good sashes in them.
At their best I would see them progressing to the Bay semis this year if they are still around.
Both good lads as well.

47 Re: Stable Moves on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:21 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
whispers wrote:Just wondering where Casey Whittaker and Nathan Bately are these days.
These boys looked to be up coming YOUNG GUNS a couple of years ago.
Havent seen them down at Santos this season, both appeared to have some good sashes in them.
At their best I would see them progressing to the Bay semis this year if they are still around.
Both good lads as well.

To cease any speculation, Nathan Batley hasn't been seen at YGTS this winter due to elevation to the senior list at the Woodville-West Torrens FC. As far as I know he is concentrating on his footy career.

Casey Whitaker is having a break from the sport for personal reasons. Those reasons have nothing to do with athletics. He is keen to resume some time in the future, but won't be running this season.

Between whipsers & aussie and a few others, they certainly ask a lot of questions of YGTS athletes.

48 Re: Stable Moves on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:46 am

mcApples

You love it Youngy

49 Re: Stable Moves on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:07 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
youngy wrote:Delayed start this morning due to car trouble (found out what a harmonic balancer does. Evil or Very Mad ) ....pretty convenient for me too, with the Packers playing the Chicago Bears live on One HD earlier today.

So I haven't had a chance to catch up with the latest on Protrack, until now.

Having just joined and the fact he hasn't run for two years, the Kilburn footballer's a long way from the condition where he could do any damage. Even when he last ran he was a long way off the pace. LTP athlete.

Careful Youngy or else you may end up with a longer nose than Pinnochio!.

50 Re: Stable Moves on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:09 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Whispers - please read the rules. Dragging up comments from months ago, now with the benefit of hindsight, to try and embarrass someone is not exactly something we would encourage.

There was certainly no lies told.

A person is only aimed with the information available to them at the time. No-one can predict what effect the training program will have on a person nor how they will respond. It would be foolish to make any grand predictions about what an athlete could do.

Of course the landscape's changed since then, as we saw on Saturday. But to get carried away with a win at Whyalla is something I've learned not to do, based on the history of the event.

51 Re: Stable Moves on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Definately no malice intended just having a bit of a cackle, all coaches play their cards close to their chests and you are no different.
By the way dragging a comment up from the end of the footy season is hardly in my terms MONTHS AGO
Your lad got the bickies and thats all thats matters

52 Re: Stable Moves on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Actually the quote was from 8 weeks ago so perhaps you may have meant WEEKS instead of MONTHS
Either way it was a good win ,good time into a head wind.

53 Re: Stable Moves on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:37 pm

S.hill

8 weeks would be 2 months. So I think the use of months would be fine.

54 Re: Stable Moves on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
We can always argue that 8 weeks isnt two months until the cows come in.56 days isnt two months etc etc.I pay my rent monthly as 12 months is cheaper than 52 weeks if you pay weekly.If you are in a rental property arue that you want to pay monthly ,you will be 4 weeks better off at the end of the year.Why do you think that companies pay those on salaries monthly, think about it.I guess CJudd you are one of those being conned if you think 8 weeks is two months.
Perhaps instead of Youngy saying what he did perhaps he could take a leaf out of Bart Cummings book .Bart would have said something like ,the lads only just joined the stable and I dont know a real lot about him.

55 Re: Stable Moves on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Mustafa

Whispers are you serious?

56 Re: Stable Moves on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:26 am

Golden Boy

Mustafa i think he is dead serious!! Wink

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum