PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Maiden Rosebery Gift for Brandon Clark at the 2017 Rosebery Carnival
Yesterday at 10:32 am by Admin

» Ararat Results
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » VAL athlete Lauchie Dalgliesh at the AFL Draft Camp

VAL athlete Lauchie Dalgliesh at the AFL Draft Camp

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.araratadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/dalgleish-invited-to-draft-combine/2263846.aspx
Dalgleish invited to draft combine

Adelaide Advertiser
19 Aug, 2011

ARARAT - Ararat footballer Lauchie Dalgleish has been invited to attend the national AFL Draft Combine in October.

Dalgleish is one of 11 Victorian midfield players, including Horsham's Sebastian Ross, who will complete a range of tests in front of AFL coaches and officials at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne.

AFL national talent manager Kevin Sheehan said 18-year-old Dalgleish had a long, penetrating left foot kick and is suited as a half-forward or a wingman.

"He has a high ability to kick multiple goals. A real dasher who ran third in a heat of the Stawell Gift this year," he said.

Fellow Wimmera players Jake Lloyd of Horsham and Coleman Schache of Hopeoun were invited to attend the AFL State Combine.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/sport/general/north-ballarat-rebels-dalgliesh-sets-the-pace-in-sprint-test/2314743.aspx

North Ballarat Rebels' Dalgliesh sets the pace in sprint test

Ballarat Courier
05 Oct, 2011

NORTH Ballarat Rebels player Lachlan Dalgleish was just 0.01 seconds off posting the fastest ever time in the 20 metre sprint at the AFL Draft Combine in Melbourne yesterday.

The left-footed wingman posted a time of 2.87 seconds over 20 metres, falling just short of the joint record of 2.86 set by the Northern Knights’ Ahmed Saad and Claremont’s Shannon Taylor.

Dalgleish, 18, has a strong athletic background and has run in heats of the prestigious Stawell Gift.

Rebels regional manager Phil Partington said Dalgleish was always expected to perform well in the athletics side of testing.

“That’s where his athletic ability and background come to the floor. He is pretty good with his legs,” he said.

Partington said the emphasis on speed had become increasingly important for AFL clubs.

“Every club is different, they all look at these things differently. But there is no doubt as to how important speed is,” he said.

Today, much of the athletic power will be put to the side when the player’s football skills and endurance are put to the test.

The players will take part in the Nathan Buckley kicking test and the Matthew Lloyd handball test.

Partington said he expected Brad Crouch to shine the brightest in the skills test.

“He is a very skilful player but we’re confident that all of the players will do well as they have been practising intensely,” he said.

As well as the skills test, the highly anticipated shuttle run (beep test) awaits tomorrow, followed by the three kilometre time trial on Friday.

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/10/05/afl-draft-camp-suffers-setback/

AFL draft camp suffers setback

By Tim Clarke
www.sportsnewsfirst.com
5 October 2011

THE AFL’s attempt to pump up their draft camp with state-of-the-art facilities has hit an embarrassing snag, with the specially constructed hardwood floor at Etihad Stadium being deemed unsafe.

With recruiters from all 18 clubs in attendance, along with hundreds of hopefuls, the agility test which was due to be held on Wednesday morning had been postponed 24 hours.

The boards of the high-performance hardwood floor, erected on the city wing at Etihad Stadium, were shifting when players changed direction – forcing organisers to postpone the agility section until Thursday.

In the 20m sprints that were able to be completed, Ahmed Saad and Claremont teenaged Shannon Taylor, who is eligible for trade by GWS, were the equal fastest at 2.86 seconds.

West Perth’s Shane Nelson and North Ballarat Rebels Lachlan Dalgleish were 0.01 seconds slower at 2.87.

Brad Hill, the brother of Fremantle star Stephen, ran 2.88 seconds.

youngy

Admin
Admin
http://www.araratadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/dream-alive-for-ararat-footballer/2319588.aspx?storypage=0

Dream alive for Ararat footballer

BY SAM SHALDERS
Ararat Advertiser
11 Oct, 2011

ARARAT - Talented Ararat fooballer Lauchie Dalgleish is just over a month away from hopefully achieving a boyhood dream, being drafted to an AFL club.

The speedy midfielder increased his chances of being drafted after impressing several clubs at the AFL Draft Combine, held last week at Etihad Stadium.

Dalgleish was one of the high achievers in the 20 metre sprinting test, finishing second with a time of 2.87 seconds, just 0.01 second off the fastest time ever recorded at the camp.

The sprint test is a strong selling point for most AFL clubs, and Dalgleish said there was some strong interest following his good result.

"I talked to a couple of clubs after I'd done it (the 20-metre test) and they were happy with it. I'd say my speed is my best ability," he said.

It was a good overall contribution from Dalgleish in both the speed and endurance tests at the combine.

"My beep test was pretty good, I got 13.13 which was the best I've done, and considering I hadn't had a good preparation leading into the camp I was very happy with it," Dalgleish said.

The young gun had a top year playing on the wing for the North Ballarat Rebels.

In the final game of the year, however, an elimination final against the Oakleigh Chargers, Dalgleish broke two ribs which threatened to de-rail his AFL ambitions.

"The injury stopped me from doing fitness sort of stuff for a couple of weeks after that, so my fitness wasn't as good as what it should have been at the camp, but it didn't stop me from doing any of the tests which was lucky," he said.

Apart from fitness and skills the other major focus of the Draft Combine is testing the mental toughness of the AFL hopefuls.

Dalgleish said he was nervous to begin with, but had received interview training from the Rebels leading up to the week help prepare for the experience.

"I just spoke to six clubs, a couple from interstate and a couple from Victoria. They asked me stuff about my family, how I thought my year in footy went, what my values with my team mates are and that sort of thing, so it was similar to a job interview," he said.

"It was a little bit (intimidating), when you walk into the interviews and there are five or six blokes sitting around that you've never met before, but it was really good and fairly relaxed once you got started.

"They don't want to give away much until maybe the week before the draft and they might get in contact with you and have another interview or something along those lines. I won't find out much until then."

Dalgleish, who is currently completing his VCE at Ararat College, will have a nervous wait between now and the AFL National Draft on November 24.

The talented sportsman has had a busy year, not only in football, but also in cricket and the Victorian Athletic League season, where he impressed at a number of carnivals - including the prestigious Stawell Gift. He will enjoy a well earned break before preparing for 2012.

"Now I will have a week or two off I reckon, and then North Ballarat Roosters' training starts on about the 15th of November I think, so I'll train there for a couple of weeks and then see how the draft goes," Dalgleish said.

"If I get picked up I'll go there and if not I'll just hang around with the Roosters and play a year with them."

Dalgleish said the chance to play at any AFL club would be a dream come true, but if he had the choice of where he is drafted he wouldn't mind an interstate club.

"I think preferably somewhere interstate, that would be good I reckon but just wait and see," he said.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum