PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Jarryd Hayne turns to sprint coach Roger Fabri to re-discover spark

Jarryd Hayne turns to sprint coach Roger Fabri to re-discover spark

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-jarryd-hayne-undertakes-sprint-training-to-re-discover-spark-in-running-game/story-e6frfgbo-1226121567884

Parramatta Eels Jarryd Hayne undertakes sprint training to re-discover spark in running game

by Josh Massoud
August 25, 2011

PARRAMATTA dynamo Jarryd Hayne has returned to the athletics track to re-ignite his running mojo ahead of tomorrow night's "season-defining" clash against the Sydney Roosters.

And in fascinating twist, Hayne has hired sprint coach Roger Fabri - the ex-Roosters consultant who was controversially dismissed in April - to fine-tune his action.

The pair met at Olympic Park yesterday to iron out technical kinks in Hayne's action, with Fabri imparting tips from a pre-season NFL camp he undertook at the New York Jets last month.

A junior track-and-field star, Hayne hopes the American know-how will give him an edge to help Parramatta avoid the dreaded wooden spoon.

The 23-year-old has acknowledged switching from fullback to five-eighth has tested his trademark running game.

"I've got an athletics background and I wanted to get back on the track," Hayne told The Daily Telegraph.

"I'm just trying to get back my technique and regain some speed.

"There's obviously a lot more running and turning (sprinting) off the mark (at five-eighth).

"So if I can execute that at a high intensity under pressure, it's really important.

"Team-wise we haven't been going to well, so I'm looking for something extra."

Fabri has previously shifted Roosters speedsters Anthony Minichiello, Sean Kenny-Dowell and Sam Perrett into top gear. But Fabri's contract at Bondi was ended in April because some Roosters officials were unhappy that he guided Todd Carney home from a boozy night without informing them.

Still viewed as a scapegoat by many in the East, Fabri capitalised on his unexpected free time to work alongside some of the NFL's best athletic minds in the Big Apple.

He returned on the same week Hayne moved to five-eighth and has since noted technical running deficiencies that weren't evident when Parramatta's talisman was crowned 2009 Dally M medallist.

"I'm trying to get Jarryd to be as effective as he was two years ago," Fabri said. "I've found that his hip movement and force production hasn't been as strong - so I'm trying to adjust some of those things technically.

"Certainly his drive and flying phase are some of the best I've ever seen.

"It's his de-acceleration phase I want him to work on.

"A few weeks ago he made a big break against Melbourne and got pushed out.

"I'm looking to capitalise that top end speed at the back end."

Fabri believes Hayne could possibly make a fist of wide receiver in the NFL.

"The attention to detail is so, so different compared to the NRL," he revealed.

"They (NFL teams) spend so much time looking for those extra one per centers.

"You only get a slight opportunity to make a break so if you don't exhaust that opportunity you may as well not have the speed.

"Jarryd's got the perfect body composition. He has all the attributes I'm looking for."

But right now, Hayne also has a wooden spoon in his grasp as the Eels languish in last spot.

"This is the match that's going to define our season," Hayne said.

"We all know just how important it is."

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum