PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Reynella Off the SAAL Calendar

Reynella Off the SAAL Calendar

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Reynella Off the SAAL Calendar on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:39 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
I can confirm the rumour that Reynella will not be going ahead in 2011.

Very sad news for the sport as Reynella was a terrific meet and always one of the highlights of the SAAL calendar.

The SAAL are currently in discussions with a few organisations in respect to a new meeting filling the void in November.

2 Re: Reynella Off the SAAL Calendar on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Others??

Any other meets in doubt? Heard Port Adelaide no cert???

3 Reynella - Always great night atmosphere on Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:59 pm

John LeRay

Sad to see the demise of the Reynella meet. Gary Thompson has been a stalwart of the SAAL for many years, quitely going about his work down South and the man behind one of the great night atmospheres on the SAAL Circuit. Gary has produced some high profile wins in the last few seasons on the local and Vic Pro circuits. Many young Athletes would be gaining from his huge experience without even knowing that he was imparting it. Let's hope that a new young up and coming squad picks up the baton with a new meet.

4 Re: Reynella Off the SAAL Calendar on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:26 pm

idea

Those that run meets know how difficult it is to obtain and retain sponsors.Its darn hard to ask for money.
Rather than the league hope that some of the smaller or newer clubs take up the baton, Why not run a meeting where all those clubs that dont hold a meeting come up with one or more sponsors each to hold a combine meet.With the help of self trained as well as the Mort Daly we could come up with a new meet.
I know from experiance how hard it is to get multiple sponsors but this is a way that some clubs can be part of a meet and do something for the league by supplying one sponsor.
Remember from litle things big things grow.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum