PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sally Pearson avoids the breads & pastries to be the best

Sally Pearson avoids the breads & pastries to be the best

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1575738/latest-from-wire/

Pearson puts stomach second

Source: AAP
sbs.com.au
05 August 2011

In her bid to taste the ultimate success, Beijing Olympics silver medallist Sally Pearson is putting her stomach second.

The 24-year-old is sticking to a strict dietary regime as she attempts to win the 100m hurdles at this month's world athletics titles in Daegu and next year's London Olympics.

The Queenslander has been in career-best form during the European summer, her ability to shun the delicacies on the continent aiding her cause on the track.

"Coming over to Europe you can always put on weight really easily because you are not doing your normal routine at home," she said.

"It is just a bit more discipline and not eating breads and pastas which are my favourite foods in the entire world."

Pearson rewarded herself with two slices of cheesecake after lowering her national record in Birmingham last month to 12.48 seconds.

She is not finding it easy avoiding the gourmet temptations of Europe.

"It is horrible, I go past bakeries and there are all these cakes and pastries I am 'why are they doing this to me?," she said.

So what can she eat?

"Bananas, woo hoo," she said with a laugh.

"Aah, rabbit food.

"I have done it for a while now. I started it during the Australian season and I have worked all the way through to here and the cravings have gone a bit now.

"When it becomes hard for me not to eat bad food, I try to think about what I have to do and what is ahead of me and what I want to achieve."

In her last competitive outing before heading to South Korea for the world championships, Pearson will chase her fourth Diamond League victory this season in London on Saturday (Sunday morning AEST).

Pearson has the chance to further stamp her authority on a field that includes Americans Danielle Carruthers and Virginia Crawford.

The Australian said her dietary discipline was to ensure she was in top shape for a career-defining 12 months.

"These two years were always going to be the two biggest years of my career - even when I was a young girl I knew that," she said.

"I knew this year and the London Olympics were going to be huge for me and that I wanted to get them right."

The Gold Coast athlete was really encouraged by her last start in Monaco a fortnight ago, winning in a time of 12.51 despite feeling that she had messed up parts of her race.

"That does show me that I have the ability to step up even further and get faster," she said.

Pearson is renowned for her whole-hearted approach to the sport.

When quizzed about a cautious approach at Crystal Palace with the worlds less than a month away, she said: "If you hold back in hurdles, you are going to fall over."

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Go Sal

Must be working!! Great run in London. Another win in the diamond league. 4 in a row. Sally's flyin.
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum