PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » When Do you become to good to run with the league?

When Do you become to good to run with the league?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

runon SA

With the ever amounting meetings growing in VIC and the number of high profile athletes within VIC who are running with the league such as Cara White, Alwyne Jones, Adrian Mott and the like. Why is it that here in SA we are struggling to keep meetings alive?

Sponsors want to see quality fields with quality runners and why some clubs, community groups are unable to compete with such meetings as Loxton and Mt Gambier, which attract larger number of athletes due to the prize money these lower supporting meets struggle to get athletes to compete such at Pultney where we had a full heat scratched. Why would a sponsor a sponsor a race such as this?

You often only see certain athletes compete at these higher ranked meetings and by pass the smaller ones, im not gonna name names as its unfair to those involved. My question is pretty much why certain runner only come out for these big meetings?

Here in SA we have no real talented sprinters as such on a national scale but yet are best sprinters are happy to be a big fish in a small pond. and instead of what i would see as a good training run ( HEAT + Final ) not compete at all

Yes i kno his post is a little of the place but i hope you all get the gist of it

youngy

Admin
Admin
I would think that for many years, SA's best sprinters have competed as often as Victoria's best sprinters do in VAL events.

The state's two best female sprinters (who in the last three years have each made at least one national open 100m final) competed at the Colley Reserve meet in April, which was one of the SAAL's smaller meets.

It's a matter of what's best for the athlete. You can't expect athletes who are competitive at a national level to compete 'everywhere' including national, state & League events.

PS: The SA Open state championships were conducted on the same weekend as Pulteney this year, hence why most of the better track athletes missed Pulteney.

runon SA

youngy wrote:I would think that for many years, SA's best sprinters have competed as often as Victoria's best sprinters do in VAL events.

The state's two best female sprinters (who in the last three years have each made at least one national open 100m final) competed at the Colley Reserve meet in April, which was one of the SAAL's smaller meets.

It's a matter of what's best for the athlete. You can't expect athletes who are competitive at a national level to compete 'everywhere' including national, state & League events.

Youngy u hear what you saying and what a race between the two girls that was, AWD was just coming into form when the season was all over so ill be looking for her this season thats for sure.

The male sprinters is what i was more referring to, we have two bay shef winners who for one reason or another dont run, One can still potentially make it a national level why the other one hasnt got a chance. I just read the VAL have another meeting joining them in the up coming season!!

Answer

When Do you become to good to run with the league?

answer - NEVER! Razz Razz

Opinion

When you win gifts behind the Novice Mark!!

Too Good

Winning a Gift behind the novice mark would make you a good runner but not too good! Cool

thisgood

It make you elite for current SA standards.

Goodenuf

You are NEVER TOO GOOD for the pro's. You may outgrow the small meets when you graduate to elite comps and no longer have the time for ALL of the small meets. You can still run in the pro meets, big & small when it's beneficial for your national level comps.

Terry

Who are the bay sheff winners you're talking about who dont run in the SAAL??

runon SA

Terry they run but no longer support the smaller meets you will see them at the bay and MT G and maybe the pre bay.

Too Good

Question's been answered. Move on! Wink

Terry

I just want names of the runners as i'm a little confused at to the Bay Sheff winners mentioned??

Any help would be great!

Ferret

Maybe we can have an unbiased and unedited discussion on who the slack bay winners are.....any theories???

Diamond

runon SA - You often only see certain athletes compete at these higher ranked meetings and by pass the smaller ones, im not gonna name names as its unfair to those involved.

runon SA does not want to name any names - fair enuf!
Athletes choose to run at the meets that best suits their goals. When most small meets are on, theres ammo stuff happening. Small meets give a chance for the regular pros - non ammo runners - to pick up a sash.

Bumble Bee Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Terry if you can't work it out for yourself, you've got a problem.

In regards to the athletes mentioned, it would be good if they were to run more often with the league. But thats there decision.

I feel its the role of the coach to determine what meets his or her athletes should run in. In the end, the coach always knows best lol!

Terry

Marvolo

I must not be as smart as you!

Perhaps you could at least let me know if the above Bay Sheff winners currently train in the same squad?

Answered

Terry your not too bright mate R U?? Some people need to be spoon fed info!!! No bay sheff winners run at Pulteney. so take your pick. N E How - Who gives a shit where they run! Twisted Evil

Bumble Bee Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Go away Terry! Where they run doen't make a difference! Stop trying to stir shit!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum